The Council on Information Technology (CoIT) considers technology and related issues affecting Oklahoma higher education, proposes technology and related policy and procedures and serves as the principal statewide advisory council rendering advice and counsel to the chancellor, other advisory groups and the entire state system in the review of current and recommended technology and related policy and procedures. The council also serves as a forum for IT officers to discuss matters of common interest, conducts studies and issues reports designed to strengthen the mission of Oklahoma higher education institutions.
Membership is comprised of principal IT officers from each institutional campus and higher education center (as appropriate) in the state system. In addition, a representative from the independent sector is invited to serve on the council.
2018/2019 CoIT Leadership:
- Chairperson: Richard Reif, Northeastern State University
- Chairperson Elect: Tina Meier – Oklahoma State University
- Past Chairperson: John Primo – Rose State College
- Four-Year Tier: Kelly McClure – Cameron University
- Two-Year Tier: Marc Hunter – Seminole State College
OneNet’s Liaisons to CoIT:
- Von Royal, Higher Education Chief Information Officer
- April Goode, Director of OneNet Strategic Planning and Communications
For more information on CoIT’s by-laws, strategic plan and annual IT summit, visit the council’s website at http://team.coit.onenet.net/.