The Council on Information Technology (CoIT) considers technology and related issues affecting Oklahoma higher education, proposes technology and related policy and procedures and serves as the principal statewide advisory council rendering advice and counsel to the chancellor, other advisory groups and the entire state system in the review of current and recommended technology and related policy and procedures. The council also serves as a forum for IT officers to discuss matters of common interest, conducts studies and issues reports designed to strengthen the mission of Oklahoma higher education institutions.
Membership is comprised of principal IT officers from each institutional campus and higher education center (as appropriate) in the state system. In addition, a representative from the independent sector is invited to serve on the council.
- Chairperson: Tina Meier – Oklahoma State University
- Chairperson Elect: Tim Whisenhunt, Oklahoma City Community College
- Past Chairperson: Richard Reif, Northeastern State University
- Comprehensive Institution: Dana Saliba, University of Oklahoma – Tulsa
- Four-Year Tier: Jeremy Bennett, East Central University
- Two-Year Tier: John Primo, Rose State College
OneNet’s Liaisons to CoIT:
- Von Royal, Higher Education Chief Information Officer
- April Goode, Director of OneNet Strategic Planning and Communications
For more information on CoIT’s by-laws, strategic plan and annual IT summit, visit the council’s website at http://team.coit.onenet.net/.