The data storage provider Lawton Public Schools (LPS) used to back up important operations information was prohibitively expensive. The provider also frequently issued cumbersome updates to their data storage software, which was a strain on IT staff. These frequent updates also required backups to be restarted on several occasions. LPS needed a secure, reliable, consistent data storage solution at a much more affordable rate.
Last year, a team from OneNet conducted a site visit at LPS. While there, the team discussed several services OneNet offered, and LPS leaders decided that the OneNet cloud storage solution was an excellent fit for their organization. OneNet began working with the school district right away so that the new cloud storage solution would be in place for the upcoming school year.
- 10TB of archival storage for backups
- Managed router service
- 6GB Ethernet circuit
- Backup storage in OneNet’s Oklahoma City data center
- 24/7 OneNet help desk support
- Lawton Public Schools increased their available storage from 1.5TB to 10TB and decreased their costs from $1,333 per terabyte to $125 per terabyte.
- OneNet increased the school’s available storage by six-fold while decreasing costs by 38 percent.
- The IT team has saved time and hassle by implementing OneNet’s cloud storage solutions.
- Instead of needing to restart their backups due to software updates, the school’s IT team can trust their data is being stored securely and efficiently.
- LPS can now use the cost savings generated by switching to OneNet to develop other improvements across the district to benefit faculty and students while still maintaining the same level of speed and security in their data storage.
“One primary benefit is a warm, fuzzy feeling. We know and trust OneNet.”
-Dieter Wolf, LPS Network Administrator
Story by Tim Hatton, 2018 Strategic Planning and Communications Intern