OneNet’s MPLS Service Improves Network Performance for OIDS
Prior to 2013, the Oklahoma Indigent Defense System (OIDS) relied upon individual servers at each of the agency’s six satellite offices to power the movement of invaluable case information and maintain sensitive databases. This network was tedious and no longer met their mission-critical needs. The Office of Management and Enterprise Services – Information Services Division team at OIDS planned a network service upgrade to consolidate data storage and meet the following challenges:
- Eliminate the need to download and upload data between offices
- Create a centralized web proxy to route all Internet content through the Norman office
- Increase efficiency by reducing the need for staff communication between campuses
- Ensure a reliable network and increase network speed
In January 2014, OIDS awarded OneNet the project to design and deploy a Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) network upgrade. OneNet offered a more innovative, robust solution that would merge data, maximize security and increase network reliability. OIDS had implemented a virtual desktop initiative (VDI) and the MPLS upgrade provided a framework to fully leverage the desktop technology.
- Migrate legacy network to an advanced routing, switching and security platform
- Enable workspace virtualization to converge databases in a centralized location
- Manage router services
- Minimalize upfront charges and provide cost-effective rates
- Provide a reliable communications medium that supports a responsive centralized virtual desktop solution
- Streamline network through cooperation of last-mile provider for business-critical applications
- OneNet’s solution reduced network latency by nearly six times, from 37 milliseconds to 6 milliseconds.
- Migration to MPLS network provided capital and operational cost benefits while improving network performance, security and reliability.
- OIDS attorneys reported more efficient use of time and improved quality of service.
- Workspace virtualization maximized by MPLS allowed for remote accessibility, which enabled attorneys to access vital documents in court.
- OneNet’s comprehensive analytics ensured seamless transparency of network performance, regardless of last-mile provider.
To learn how OneNet’s MPLS service can maximize your network, call 888-5-OneNet and ask to speak with a network engineer.
By Micah Parnell, Spring 2015 Outreach Intern
Leave a Comment